April 4, 2012

Champs and Such.

I haven't been very dedicated to taking photos which has resulted in my lack of posting. Last weekend we visited my best friend/Wilson's Godmother in Richmond so that I could run my favorite race, the Monument Ave 10k.  This particular 10k was my first ever real race in 2009. I ran it again in 2010 and then missed it last year since Wilson was only a week old at the time of the race.  This year I didn't feel very prepared but ran it anyway. The Monument Ave 10k is so much fun! There were more then 40,000 registered for this race and the streets are lined with spectators. I had a great run. Not my best, but not my worst either. I can't wait to do it again next year.Our friend Hugh ran the race too. He finished 18th over all! Amazing!
After the race we had time for a quick brunch with our friends.Then we rushed home so that I could get ready to attend the wedding of our friend Becca. Michael was on Daddy duty as UK was playing UofL in the final four. We were exhausted on Sunday!

Thankfully Monday night Kentucky pulled out another victory over Kansas to become the NCAA Men's Basketball National Champs. This is our school's 8th title. And since we bleed blue, we couldn't be more thrilled. Even Wilson knows the CATS are #1!

No comments: