March 20, 2013

Airplane Birthday Party.

Wilson turned 2 yesterday and over the weekend we had a "little" party with our friends. I tried very hard not to go "all out" this year like we did for is 1st birthday. But it still ended up being a house full of people, food, noise and fun. 

This year's theme was "Airplanes." 
I ordered this cardboard rocket ship from Amazon.com. It sits on it's side and has wings, so I figured it was close enough to an airplane. Plus the kids could color it! Gooma was a big help in making the clouds. Bapa and Daddy put together many mini gliders for decorations.


Close up shot of the mantle with planes flying in the clouds. I posted a photo of this on instagram and with the filter I used, our friend Katie told me that she thought I had totally lost it and rented a smoke machine. Thankfully I'm not totally off my rocker!

We added clouds and gliders to all of the light fixtures.

Wilson was excited when he woke up from his nap. Here he is checking out all of the snacks as we began to set them out.


Seriously, somebody feed this kid!
And checking out the Airplane! 

The cupcakes were frosted blue with little white frosting clouds. I used the same gliders here as on the mantle and in the light fixtures. I think I got 72 for $5!
Highlight of his birthday, blowing out the candles.

Every airplane enthusiast must have a Pilot's hat.

Wilson had a great time celebrating his 2nd birthday. He got so many airplane  and sports related toys and gifts. He hasn't stopped playing! Thanks to all of our friends and family for celebrating with us!
We can't wait to go to KY next week and celebrate with our sweet pal, Zella!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Amazing job!! I can't believe Wilson is two ... time has flown (pun intended, ha)!